Flagship carrier of the world down under, Qantas is Australia’s largest airline. The airline is based in Sydney at the Sydney International Airport. Headquartered at the Mascot Suburb in Sydney, Qantas is nicknamed ‘The Flying Kangaroo’. The four-star airline is regarded as the world’s eighth best airline. Qantas operates a number of subsidiaries. Jetstar Airways is the low cost carrier of Qantas while its freight service is Qantas Freight. Qantas Frequent Flyer Program is the rewarding program for frequent flyers and loyal customers. The four-tier loyalty program receives points and bonuses and is different from travel class to travel class. Travel more with Qantas and be one of the Gold, Silver, Bronze, or Platinum members of Qantas Frequent Flyer Program. Qantas has won numerous awards and has a series of achievements in service excellence, in-flight entertainment, wines and designs. The airline has won awards in other categories such as Skytrax Airline of the Year for five consecutive years, Best First Class Cellar and 2009 Australian International Design Award of the Year are a few to be mentioned. Download the mobile app and stay up to date on your flight.
- With Qantas Economy Class, you can check in early, print your ticket, and drop off your bags at the online check-in counter to avoid the queues. The seats in the Economy Class are ergonomically designed slimline seats with built-in lumbar support, softer cushioning, a netted footrest and more legroom. The adjustable headrest and seat recline are great for being comfortable on the flight. Also on offer is the Bodum tea and coffee service, and a range of snacks for light refreshment. Refreshments are offered every 60-90 minutes, along with a third main meal option if on a long haul flight. Additionally, there is a self-service snack bar on the refurbished B747s and the A380. Enjoy access to over 500 entertainment options be it music, movies, or interactive games, on the smaller aircraft of the fleet, and over 1500 entertainment options on the A380 and refurbished B747 aircraft using the in-seat control or touch screen monitor. You can also make phone calls and reply text messages with the entertainment system control.
- Qantas Club serves business class passengers in all airport locations in Australia. It also brings the international Business Class passengers to the airport, with Chauffeur Drive. The passengers can also check in online, book their seat pre-departure, and print their own boarding pass. Additionally, with Express Path Immigration and dedicated premium boarding lane, you can go through the airport in super-fast time. In the lounges in the airport, Business Class passengers can enjoy great dining options, while you wait for your connecting international flight. In the Qantas Singapore Lounge, you can enjoy food and cocktails, while also enjoying the sight of the live cooking station there. Other attractions include Seasonal menus with complimentary snacks and drinks along with barista coffee, fully-equipped workstations and internet access, LCD televisions, and a selection of magazines and newspapers, and showers to freshen up before your flight. The Skybed with its intelligent seating gives you contemporary comfort, with its varied seat adjustments and unique massage options. Cocoon yourself in the seat and read or sleep.
- Workstations, internet access, washrooms with free toiletries and a free bar are some of the privileges earned by passengers travelling first class and business class. Qantas Club is the airport lounge for Qantas. First Class passengers have access to the lounges, with their amazing service and amenities. The lounges feature a Concierge and First Host, a signature menu, complimentary treatments at the Payot Day Spa, private business suites, a library, newspapers, internet access and plasma screens. Meals are an adventure as you can choose from an eight-course tasting menu or an a la carte menu offering signature dishes. Additionally, you can consult the sommelier about your wines and champagnes. You can have snacks and light meals at any time of the flight. 17” touch screens (10.4” in some) bring great entertainment closer to you. Enjoy hundreds of movies, music and games, or listen to the radio. Personal phones are provided at each seat. Make phone calls or reply text messages. Power outlets are also available for your personal electronic devices.
- Qantas was the recipient of the WAEA Avion award for Best Overall In-flight Entertainment, attesting to the quality of entertainment systems and options on board their flights. The audio video on demand experience at Qantas is available on all aircraft of Qantas. Other features of the in-flight entrainment system are touch screens, Wi-Fi and mobile phone functionality. All aircraft and travel classes are provided with the in-flight magazine – The Australian Way. On the A380 aircraft and some B747s, there are over 1500 entertainment options to choose from which include over 100 movies, 500 television programmes, 1000 CDs, 20 radio channels, and 80 games. Also, you have access to the Lonely Planet interactive destination guides and dedicated Kids Zone. On the other B747s and A330s, there are over 500 entertainment options to choose from, which includes nearly 60 movies, over 250 TV programs, 250 CD’s, 10 games and 20 radio programs. Log into their website and see what entertainment options are available for you based on the selected class of travel.
- Serving 20 domestic and 21 international destinations, the Qantas Group operates flights to 60 domestic cities and 27 international cities. In Australia, the airline flies to Port Macquarie, Sydney, Darwin, Red Centre, Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Tasmania, Adelaide, Melbourne, Exmouth, and Perth. The airline flies to Anaheim, Dallas, Hawaii, Orlando, and New York in the United States of America. In Europe it flies to Barcelona, Berlin, Paris, and Rome. The airline offers great deals to some of the continents on their new destinations. In South America, you can now fly to Santiago, and then connect to any other destination within South America with the airline’s oneworld partner LAN Chile. In South Africa, Qantas Airways flies to Johannesburg. The airline flies to the commercial cities of London and Dubai as well as to cultural and diverse Asia, where it has now extended the services offered. The airline flies direct to Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and Tokyo, and with its partner airlines can offer flights to even more great Asian destinations such as Seoul, Beijing, Taipei, Mumbai, Delhi and Kuala Lumpur. Now, the airline has a dedicated Qantas Lounge in the Singapore Airport, with food from Neil Perry and other great services.
Book your flight with Travel Center and fly on Qantas Airways for great deals, amazing prices, and unbelievable discounts. So hurry, book your ticket today for great times with Qantas Airways.