It is the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates and is one of the leading airlines in the world. The airline has won numerous awards for its passenger aircraft and cargo freighters. Etihad Airline headquarters are in Khalifa City although it is based at the Abu Dhabi International Airport. Operating over 1000 flights per week with an operating fleet of 64 aircraft, Etihad Airways provides flights to 82 destinations in 52 countries around the world. The airline was awarded the ‘World’s Leading Airline’ award in 2009 and 2010 by World Travel Awards. Fly Etihad Airways to experience the hospitality and privileges particular to the United Arab Airlines. The cabins and travel classes have been designed and refurbished with Arabia in mind and are opulent and comfortable. Etihad Airways promotes its ever rewarding frequent flyer program as Etihad Guest although it is not a member of any airline alliance. The loyalty program boasts more than 1.25 million members enjoying the benefits of air travel with Etihad Airways. Global and young, Etihad Airways is one of the most innovative airlines in the industry, introducing and launching products and services to serve customers better.
- The Coral Economy Class features state of the art comfort reclining seats, armrests, leg space and a great selection of meals and beverages. Generous meals on board are made from quality ingredients accompanied by a complimentary bar service. Enjoy the delectable meals that are prepared by chefs of great repute. In addition, you will love the pampering you receive at the hands of the cabin crew, who are professional and yet so courteous and friendly. A 10.4-inch touch screen on most flights, in-seat power sockets, and audio/ethernet connectivity will keep you entertained, whereas the family pack will keep the children entertained. The airline prides itself on its professionalism and efficiency, which is apparent in everything, from Economy to First Class. Reap the benefits of flying with an airline of international standing, in whichever cabin you are. Enjoy the plush luxury of this airline’s aircraft, and sit back to the most comfortable journey of your life. The cabin crew’s professional and courteous service will leave an indelible mark on your memory.
- The Pearl Business Class, which has been redesigned with cocktail tables and state of the art in-flight entertainment system with a mind-blowing 15.4” personal screen is more than inviting. Lounge in the super comfortable seats, and enjoy working from the skies even more than at the office. With noise-cancelling headsets, in-seat power sockets, and audio/ethernet connectivity, enjoying your work is no surprise. Couple these comforts with the private-shell cabin, which has a 6’ 1” full flat bed and direct aisle access from every seat, and you have a beautiful little hide-away for yourself. Other benefits include your own Food and Beverage Manager, a la carte or ‘Kitchen Anytime’ options, and five-star dining with fine wines. The in-built massage, luxury comforters and pillows, and the mood lighting will transport you to a state of utter relaxation. Passengers can also avail themselves of the meet and greet service offered by the airline that can be booked 48 hours before arrival. This includes Meet and Greet services at arrival, transit, and departure points.
- The Diamond First Class features suites with leather seats, perfectly flat 6” 8’, extra wide bed, in your personal suite, and Arabic style sliding doors for complete privacy. Also included is your personal chef, Mezoon Grille, Taste of Arabia, à la carte and ‘Kitchen Anytime’ options, 23-inch, cinematic widescreen, and personal mini bar. Awarded the ‘World’s Best First Class’, the experience is well worth your money. True comfort begins in the Diamond First Class, where you are more a family member than a guest. The cabin crew will go out of their way to make your journey more comfortable. The airline has four different products available for guests to make their journey easier and better: Arrivals Meet and Greet (Silver and Gold service), Transit Meet and Greet (Gold service), and Departure Meet and Greet (Gold service), where the customers and their special guests are met on arrival, and accompanied through all the stages of the process. The service needs to be booked online, with a credit card, 48hours before arrival.
- The airline strives to bring you the best of everything, and with that in mind, 4 live television channels for news and sports have been introduced by the airline. Personal TV screens, showing the best of entertainment are available on board. Etihad Airways uses both the Panasonic eX2 and the Thales Top Series i5000 in-flight entertainment system with the audio video on demand (AVOD) system on its new long-haul aircraft and on some of the new A320-200 aircraft. Etihad has named this system as the “E-box”. The aircraft in the international destination fleet have a Plug-And-Play system, which works on USB technology. This allows passengers the freedom to play their own audio, video and picture media on the screens. The Airbus A330s, Airbus A340s and Boeing 777-300ER all have in-flight telephone facility. In addition, the new 10-year agreement that Etihad has signed with Panasonic Avionics Corporation for the provision of in-flight entertainment will include broadband internet and live TV. This will bring more entertainment options for the customers, and increase quality.
- The airline flies to many destinations in its home terrain of the Middle East, with flights to Bahrain, Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. The airline operates flights to multiple destinations in some countries: In Iraq, it flies to Baghdad, Basrah, and Erbil. In Saudi Arabia, Etihad flies to Dammam, Jeddah, and Riyadh. In the United Arab Emirates it flies to Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Fly to Minsk in Belarus, Brussels in Belgium, Larnaca in Cyprus, Paris in France, Dublin in Ireland, Moscow in Russia, or Milan in Italy with Etihad. In Germany, choose from Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, and Munich to fly to, while in England, you have the choice of London and Manchester to fly to. In Asia, the airline flies to China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Thailand, Nepal, Singapore, Turkey, Vietnam, Philippines, and South Korea, with multiple destinations in China and Kazakhstan. In the Indian subcontinent, the airline flies to India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Bangladesh. It flies to Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kozhikode, Mumbai, New Delhi, and Thiruvananthapuram in India, and Chittagong and Dhaka Bangladesh. Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, and Peshawar have flights from Etihad.
Etihad Airways – Awards and Recognition
- Skytrax Awards
- World Travel Awards Middle East
- Airfinance Journal
- World Travel Awards
- TTG Travel Awards
- Skytrax Awards
- Pan Arab Web Awards
- Global Traveler magazine
- CAPA Annual Awards for Excellence
- Mercury Awards
- Skytrax Awards