The national flag carrier of the Kingdom of Bahrain, Gulf Airlines, is headquartered in Muharraq, and operates flights to 36 destinations in 20 countries across Africa, Asia and Europe. The airline was begun by a British pilot in the 1940s, making the airline one of the oldest airlines in the Middle East. Gulf Air was also the first Arab airline to have direct flights to Johannesburg and Melbourne as well as the first Arab airline to fly to Australia. It has a fleet of 26 aircraft, with 42 more in orders. It has code share agreements with American Airlines, Cyprus Airways, Egypt Air, Garuda Indonesia, KLM, Malaysia Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Royal Jordanian Airlines, Safi Airways, Saudia, Thai Airways, and Yemen Airways. The airline is a no smoking airline. Enjoy radio shows, movies from the international cinema and the latest TV shows on AVOD basis, when you fly with Gulf Airlines.
- The menu for the economy class on Gulf Air is mouth-watering and tempting, including appetizers of Arabic Mezze, crab soup, and Garden Salad, main courses of grilled beef fillet, seared chicken breast, hamour tempura, and pumpkin ravioli, desserts of fresh fruit, international cheese, and pear and frangipane flan, and beverages of assorted teas ranging from Earl Grey to Ceylon black tea. There are also light breakfasts of fresh orange juice with fresh fruit and a selection of cereal or pastries and rolls. For those travelling with little children, the airline’s service of Sky Nanny will be an added advantage, and the children will be well looked after. Also, the special meals include child meals and babies’ meals so that even the smallest of the passengers are taken care of. Special meals include low calorie, gluten-free, Hindu, Moslem, Jain, low fat, low lactose, low sodium, and vegetarian and vegan options. The Economy Class of Gulf Air is a good option for those wishing to fly on budgets, and those with families.
- The business class cabin on Gulf Air is spacious, comfortable and luxurious, reminiscent of the continent it flies out of. A true taste of luxury, it is a good choice for business class passengers. Enjoy luxury like royalty. Plenty leg space, foot rest, the beautiful design of the cabin and sleeping area, as well as the cushions and duvets provided to you will guarantee a good journey. Also, you have direct access to the aisles given the design of the cabin. The service is personal and attentive. Meals on board are delightful creations from international chefs that will tickle your taste buds.
A portable in-flight entertainment system, digEplayer, has been introduced on board the aircraft. It features crisp and clear touch screen, full media offering, and robust design, and over 1500 Hollywood, Arabic, Hindi and Filipino movies, music, music videos and games, television programming including a wide selection of Islamic titles, and children’s programs Radio Broadcast shows, international cinema movies, kids’ movies, AVOD, the latest TV shows, blockbuster movies, a wide choice of music and more of the prominent channels and programmes are on offer on board GULF Airlines aircraft. Check out the inflight magazine to see what will be shown on your specific flight.
- The airline flies to 36 destinations in 20 countries across Africa, Asia and Europe, including London, Paris, Frankfurt, Dubai, Delhi, Karachi and Mumbai, which are among the most popular destinations flown to for the airline. Additionally, the airline has code share agreements with many airlines, including American Airlines, Cyprus Airways, Egypt Air, KLM, Malaysia Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Royal Jordanian Airlines, Saudia, Thai Airways, and Yemen Airways. The airline flies to Larnaca in Cyprus, Cairo in Egypt, Addis Ababa in Ethiopia, Paris in France, Frankfurt in Germany, Chennai, Delhi, Kochi, and Mumbai in India, Baghdad and Najaf in Iraq, Amman in Jordan, Kuwait, Beirut in Lebanon, Muscat in Oman, Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, and Peshawar in Pakistan, Manila in Philippines, Doha in Qatar, Dammam, Jeddah, Medina, Riyadh, Taif, and Yanbu in Saudi Arabia, Khartoum in Sudan, Bangkok in Thailand, Istanbul in Turkey, Abu Dhabi and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, London in the United Kingdom, and Sana’a in Yemen. Flights to Thiruvananthapuram in India and Mashhad in Iran resumes in December.
Gulf Airways – Awards and Recognition
- Middle East’s Leading Airline
- World’ Leading Airline In-flight Meal Service
- World’ Leading Airport Lounge
- Middle East’s Leading Airline – First Class
The Gulf Airlines brings you a world of enjoyment and discovery, so book your ticket on this great airline today, by visiting the Travel Center website, and receive great deals, amazing baggage allowance and unbelievable discounts. Fly to some exotic destinations, when you fly with Gulf Airlines.