The prestigious Cologne-based airline, with a long and impressive history of 87 years of operation, is part of a global aviation group with over 400 subsidiaries and associated companies. The group covers five segments, including passenger transport, airfreight and airline services, logistics, and catering and IT, while the Lufthansa Airlines is the main segment of the group. Lufthansa is the leading airline in Europe, with the highest number of passengers and the highest revenue in comparison with other European airlines. It has an impressive total of 295 in-fleet aircraft and 171 in orders. It is also invested in treating its customers with absolute style and flair, offering more than their counterparts do. The First Class and Business Class seats are a class apart, with plenty of leg room, scrumptious food, and absolute privacy. The First Class seats have an additional privacy shield that can be put up if the passenger wishes, to guarantee complete privacy. Booking with TravelCenter and flying with Lufthansa will guarantee many privileges for the customer, such as excellent food, varied in-flight entertainment, constantly upgraded services, and special discounts. Additionally, the airlines offers more connecting flights due to its own network of airlines.
- Lufthansa’s Economy class offers meals and free drinks for the passengers. The seats in the Economy Class cabin have a 31” pitch (32” pitch in the Airbus A340s) and are of a pleasing hue. Personal seat-back audio video on demand (AVOD) is available on most of the 747-400 aircraft and all of the Airbus A340s and A330s. Rest in the comfort of these seats and sit back for a great journey. The food on Economy Class is pleasing to the eye, and tasty as well as healthy. They are prepared according to the time and destination of departure, and are accompanied by great complimentary drinks. The in-flight magazine Lufthansa Magazin and the offered in-flight entertainment will keep you occupied for many hours. Before you take off, have a look at the entertainment offered by visiting the airline’s website. Additionally, those who fly on Economy but make use of the Economy Flex tariffs receive a greater number of benefits, all focused at the business traveler who does not fly Business Class.
- Business Class is offered on most long-haul flights, with a lie-flat two-metre bed (and beds that are fully flat in the Boeing 747-8 aircraft), laptop power outlets, and in-flight entertainment facilities. Dedicated Business Class Lounges available at most of the airports and Business Class check-in counters at all the airports characterize the services for Business Class passengers using Lufthansa Airlines. The uber chic and comfortable seats in the new Business Class can be heaven-sent for the travel-weary business traveler. The beautiful bed/seat is excellent for viewing in-flight entertainment at any angle, reclining or upright, and also offers additional storage. The innovative V-shape arrangement of seats gives greater privacy to each passenger, but can also be angled towards the neighboring seat if desired. Also, it offers much-needed leg space, even for the extremely tall travelers. Pillows and cushions round off the wonderful experience. Welcome drinks are served while Economy Class passengers board the flight, and appetizers and other meals (traditional German meals included) are served a short distance into the flight.
- Offered on most long-haul flights, Lufthansa’s First Class offers many comforts to its passengers. Seats that convert to two-meter beds, laptop power outlets, and in-flight entertainment are available on most aircraft, while on the 747-400, passengers are offered a bed and a lie-flat seat on purchase of one ticket. Most airports have a dedicated First Class check-in counter, while Frankfurt and Munich airports offer dedicated First Class lounges. Frankfurt also offers a dedicated First Class Terminal, which has a staff of 200, a fully-equipped restaurant, bar, cigar lounge, relaxing rooms, offices, and bath facilities. Passengers are driven to their flights in Mercedes and Porsche cars. Additionally, Lufthansa offers its valued customers a Welcome Lounge and First Class arrival facilities. Passengers can also expect upgraded and new concepts in service, tableware, and food on both long and short-haul flights. “Culinary Delights” is offered in flights from Germany, catered by a chef with a minimum of two Michelin stars. Also on offer are caviars and canapés, served on beautiful tableware and napkins.
- Lufthansa has introduced a new inflight entertainment system and exclusive treats aimed at passengers of all ages including an on board premiere of the movie Planes. Other treats will begin on 17th July, and will include games and “creative catering”. The airline also offers the opportunity to win a trip for the entire family to Disneyland Paris and toys for the children. In the regular in-flight entertainment arrangements, passengers can choose from current movies, audio books, and great music. The First Class and Business Class passengers enjoy a wide range of options, including 40 TV programs and 30 movies, courtesy of the Lufthansa Media World. Additionally, games, language courses, and sports channels are also available. Economy Class passengers have a touch screen User Interface available in ten languages, such as English, Italian, French, and German. Economy Class also offers 30 movies, 40 TV programs, and 30 radio channels. KidsFun has great movies and music programs for the younger passengers, and the JetFriends, Lufthansa’s Children’s Club, provides its own radio channel.
- Lufthansa has an extensive network of destinations flown to, with most of Europe, Asia, and North America and some of Africa covered. The airlines flies to 215 destinations worldwide, while passengers can avail themselves of the route network that is created by Lufthansa’s code-share agreements with Air India, Air Malta, JetBlue Airways, and Luxair as well as its partner airlines. The airline flies to Calgary, Denver, Chicago, San Francisco, Orlando and Charlotte in the United States, and Bogota, Caracas, Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo in the South Americas. Johannesburg, Accra, Liberville, Casablanca, Pointe Noire, Luanda, Lagos, and Abuja are some of the destinations Lufthansa flies to in Africa. In the, it flies to Aberdeen,Dublin, and Birmingham, while in Europe it flies to Helsinki, Belgrade, Zurich, Frankfurt, Rome, and Athens. The interactive map on the Lufthansa Airline website will allow you to find possible destinations when you click on the departure airport. In addition to the graphical representation of the routes, a pop up window will give you all possible results from that airport, with distance and the option to book. This will ease your flight bookings considerably and will also give you options for a possible unplanned destination.
Lufthansa – Awards and Recognition
- Best First Class Airline Lounge
- Best Western European Airline
- Best Transatlantic Airline
- Airline Business Technology Award