With Instagram travel accounts popping up everyday on the popular image-sharing platform, it looks like everyone is looking to create a brand that allows them to travel for a living. But beyond sharing amazing travel photos and videos on your instagram feed, how can you create content that will earn you loyal followers and get those sponsorship deals rolling in?
Here are some tips to get your travel content noticed, connect with regional influencers, businesses and followers and gain traction on this competitive corner of Instagram:
- Use a combination of general and regional hashtags
Hashtags are an excellent way to get your content discovered and gain a loyal following, especially if you’re smart about the types of hashtags you use. If you’re a travel blogger, think about including multiple hashtags in three categories :
- General travel related hashtags: #travelblogger, #ilovetravel #tourism #instatavel #travelgram…The list of these general hashtags go on and they are a great way to get your content to people who are interested in the general vertical.
- Regional hashtags: People tend to click on regional hashtags when looking for places to eat or things to do, so make sure you’re using regional hashtags too. You can use the name of the city, slogans or monikers related to the place you’re visiting to get to a more targeted audience.
- Remarkable hashtags that can help you to get featured on influential accounts: Top travel publications like National Geographic have frequently used branded hashtags and including them in your uploads can help your content get picked up by traditional media outlets. Cities also have official Instagram pages that feature user-generated pictures and Instagram itself features content by region in the Explore tab.
Also keep in mind that adding more than 30 hashtags will prevent your picture from being posted. Picture with 11 or more hashtags receives a good engagement.
- Geotag your Instagram pictures and Stories
Adding a location to your content is not only helpful for your followers and readers but it helps in getting your content discovered as well, because your post will appear when someone is exploring the content tagged with a location. A slideshow roundup of your favourite pictures could include an entire city location, while tagging a specific business location will reach a smaller but more targeted audience.
- Follow and tag influencers, businesses, and places in the destination you’re in
Just as using branded hashtags on your content can help your content get discovered, tagging other accounts on your pohoots can also earn a repost from that user. Did you enjoy a great meal at a local restaurant? Or stayed in an awesome new hotel? Tag those companies in your photos because businesses love to feature customer content and users prefer feedback from real people.
You can also tag popular regional counts or influencers that you have things in common with. This way, your photos will show up when people look at photos of that specific account.
- Create travel guides with Instagram Slideshows
The Slideshow feature on instagram allows you to show more of your story than a single picture can. Utilize this feature to build a mini travel guide. Use the first photo to introduce readers to a theme and use the subsequent photos to paint the picture of your experience. Individual photos can also be tagged to give credit to the places and experiences that have made it to your mini guide.
- Brand your photos
As a travel blogger, you want your content shared widely but you also want to make sure people know that it’s your photos. Placing a subtle signature in your pictures or adding your Instagram handle is a simple branding method.
- Share slogans and quotes inspired by the place you’re in
There’s so much more to travel than just the food, sights and activities. Places can also inspire introspection, new ideas and creative pursuits. Make your Instagram feed reflects that energy by adding text to your photos. For example, you can feature quotes for regional writers, create a design around a city’s slogan or share your own reflections inspired by your travels.
- Show it off with videos
Turn your travel content into rich, multimedia stories, which is increasingly important in these highly visual platform. Creating a video on Instagram is easy and you can even post short clips as you travel and then compile them into one single video compilation at the end of your travels.
By:- Travel Center
Follow us on Instagram:- Travel Center Instagram