Don’t be stressed by the numbers
Since the Covid-19 coronavirus happened, 2/3 of the world is frustrated while mainland China is suffering enormously. The fears grow around the numbers as it updates with the news. There are over 100,000 people infected according to the media, but out of this, more than 80,000 people are in China. The fears are major among mainland China since it has almost 96% of the total infections.
There are several ways and reasons that a person gets infected by the coronavirus, such as sneezing or close association with a quarantined person. However, according to the analytical comparisons; 81% of the cases rate as mild, 14% of the cases as moderate, and only 5% of the cases were critical. So, the chance of recovering is confident. Anyway, comparing Covid-19 to SARS, if a patient reached a critical state, SARS has a 10% fatality rate while the Covid-19 has 3.4%.
The death rate for people under 50 years old stands at a lower percentage of 0.2%.
80+ – 14.8%
70-79 – 8.0%
60-69 – 3.6%
50-59 – 1.3%
40-49 – 0.4%
30-39 – 0.2%
20-29 – 0.2%
10-19 – 0.2%
0-9 – No Fatalities
If the patient is under the age of 50 years and not living in China, there is a higher probability of not dying from the virus.
With the clash of the Coronavirus on February 10th, 2020, it has reported that 108 people have mainly died from the virus in China. But on the same day cancer killed 26,283 people, heart-disease killed 24,641 people, diabetes killed 4,300 people, and suicide took 27.7 times more people than Covid-19.
Tips to prevent COVID-19
- Always wash your hands and keep them clean
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others
- Throw tissues into a closed bin immediately after use
- Clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water, after coughing or sneezing
- Avoid close contact when you are experiencing cough and fever
- Avoid spitting in public
- If you have a fever, cough, or difficulty in breathing, seek medical care early and share the previous travel history with your health care provider.