Rome is the capital of Italy and its largest and most populated city. Rome was the centre of one of the greatest empires of history, which contributed a great deal to culture, arts, and sciences in ancient times. Rome was also the original “melting pot”, where travellers from all across the world congregated for reasons of trade, scholarship, and diplomacy. Modern Day Rome is considered a global city and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Visitors to Rome are spoilt for choice. The Coliseum and other historical sites make up the historic centre of the city, which contains a wide array of attractions. Other attractions in Rome include the Spanish Steps and Vatican City.
Here are some of the top places to visit and things to do in Rome
- Visit the Colosseum and the Arch of Constantine
- See the Vatican City and Pay Your Respects to the Vatican and Its Museums.
- Gaze at the architectural marvel, the Pantheon.
- Admire Ancient Ruins at the Roman Forum.
- Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain.
- San Giovanni in Laterano (Basilica of St. John Lateran).
- Visit Centro Storico & Climb the Spanish Steps.
- Santa Maria Maggiore.
- The Catacombs and Via Appia Antica (Appian Way).
- Transport Yourself to Baroque Rome at Piazza Navona.
- Visit St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Explore Trastevere.
- Admire Masterpieces in Galleria Borghese and Stroll Through Villa Borghese.
Book cheap flights to Rome by calling Travel Center UK today! Our team of experienced travel experts is equipped to give you the best deals on cheap flights to Rome. The city of Rome is served by the Leonardo da Vinci International Airport and we have teamed up with world-class airlines to ensure that you travel in safety and comfort to this exciting destination in Italy. Contact us today and ask us about cheap flights to Rome, and whether you are on business or on holiday to Rome, we have flights that match your needs. You will also get specialised services such as finding the cheapest rates owning to price fluctuations and advice on the best time for the booking.