Europe’s Best Airline, Turkish Airlines, has been continuously claiming awards in the aviation industry, proving its exceptional worth and service to passengers. This 80 year-old carrier commenced flight operations in 1933, and was recently named ‘Best Airline Europe’. It is still among the fastest growing airline companies and is the world’s 4th largest carrier by destination number. Today the airline, which started operations with just 5 airplanes, has a fleet of 202 aircraft with 11 on order. Turkey’s national flag carrier also vows to maintain its slogan, ‘socially yours’ and provide the best quality service for those who opt to travel with them. From Lionel Messi to Wayne Rooney, from Kevin Costner to Kobe Bryant, the airline has made promotional deals and sponsorships with popular personalities. One can enjoy the journey with a sip of Turkish coffee or even vintage champagne; in-flight entertainment and a number of in-flight facilities are on offer to ensure a comfortable journey. Business Class and Miles and Smiles Elite card members with one guest are eligible to use the Turkish Airlines international lounge.
- Turkish Airlines Comfort Class is different from the economy class and the main difference lies in the spaces between the seats. Comfort class seats are wider than those in economy class. The seat pitch is 46 inches in comparison with 32 inches in the economy class. Those boarding the Comfort Class are welcomed with wonderful aperitifs, nuts, and Turkish mezes. Those who choose Comfort Class do not get a standard economy meal but an upgraded menu for passengers with restaurant-quality dishes varying from fresh vegetables and hot meals to Turkish and international cuisine. Economy Class menu varies from Turkish and World Cuisine to three main-course options. The airline also features food uniquely chosen from a rich Turkish heritage such as shish kebab or mercimek koftesi. With an economy seat pitch of 78cm, the passenger is assured of a comfortable journey. Economy class passengers too will have the privilege of using the onboard power receptacle for laptops. Also personal USB ports, Ethernet jacks and adjustable footrests are available at each seat.
- Business class travelers can choose from a wide variety of food and beverages designed exclusively for Business Class. Vintage champagne, herbal drinks, fresh fruit juices, traditional Turkish coffee, filter coffee, cappuccino, and espresso are served to Business Class travelers while mezze and hors d’oeuvres prepared according to Turkish and international recipes lead to a mouth-watering journey. If you are flying overnight, fresh fruit juices and smoothies will be available to freshen up before breakfast. Wines from Turkish and world-wide cellars will be available along with other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. An ottoman that creates a 75 inch (188 cm) long sleeping space ensures maximum comfort. A reading light is available for those wishing to read. Seat functions include massage button and position selections. A power receptacle meant for laptops and other electrical devices is provided for charging your electrical devices. Turkish Airlines international lounge is equipped with all facilities that make the wait worthwhile, from shower and toilet facilities, to music, television, meals, WLAN facilities and a complete business center.
- Whether you’re in the mood for a classical or an action movie, Turkish Airlines offers you the Planet Digital System with a vast selection of 350 films and drama (classic, romantic, comedy, action, children’s) that caters to all ages and all moods. There are over 600 CD albums to choose from, ranging from Pop and Rock, Jazz and Blues, Spiritual and Classical, to Arabesque and even Turkish music. News, documentaries, and the weather bulletin are also offered. For the kids, latest cartoons and a separate children’s channel are displayed ensuring their journey is as comfortable as when at home. For Game lovers, an individual and multiplayer Game Channel is available. Destination guide, Turkey info guide, airport maps, flight camera and a flight map are some other essentials needed to guide you throughout the journey. Passengers can send and receive text messages and e-mail through the in-flight connectivity. Passengers can use the remote control that is attached to their seat or use the touch-screen to do so. Entertainment options are child-friendly.
- he airline flies to an impressive 234 airports (197 international and 37 domestic) varying from the majestic Europe to exotic Asia, from wild Africa to the fascinating Americas, with an increase to 103 countries. Whether it is a holiday getaway to Maldives, Thailand, Athens or Kilimanjaro or a commercial hub like Hong Kong or New York, Turkey’s national carrier will take you to the destination of your desire. From Sweden to Switzerland, from Russia to Poland, from Lithuania to Spain, and from Germany to Singapore, Turkish Airlines carries passengers to destinations of their choice, whether it is for business or pleasure. Germany, Russia, Italy, Saudi Arabia, France, Iran, Iraq, Spain, Ukraine, the United States, and United Kingdom are the countries that have the highest number of airports served by Turkish Airlines. Additionally, the airline flies to the ancient cities of Macedonia, Greece, and Egypt. It also flies to a number of Asian countries such as China, Nepal, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, South Korea and Japan. Discover various cultures by flying with Turkish Airlines. The airline travels to Kosovo, Czech Republic, Uzbekistan, Mongolia and Kyrgyzstan. Also, discover the beauty of Cameroon, Croatia, Tunisia, Albania, Bulgaria and Norway with Turkey’s flag carrier.
Turkish – Awards and Recognition
- Europe’s Best Airline
- Best Airline Southern Europe
- Airline of the Year
- World’s Best Premium Economy Class Airline Seat
- Best Airline in Europe
- Best Airline in Southern Europe
- Best Premium Economy Class Airline Seat
- Best Airline in Europe
- Best Airline in Southern Europe
- Best Premium Economy Seats for Comfort Class seats
- Market Leadership Award
Travel Center, one of the leading air travel companies in the United Kingdom and connected to more than 100 airlines, gives you ideal opportunities to travel with Turkish Airlines at economical rates. Hurry, book your flight today, and enjoy great prices on your ticket.