It’s an exciting time again for those eager Hodophiles! If travel is on your mind, you must go through these travel hacks and travel tips 2022, which will guide you and save you from burning a hole in your wallet.
With several overseas holidays getting back on track, and achieving high vaccination and letting off restrictions, one thing is clear: Travel in 2022 is coming back big!
Travel hacks and travel tips 2022
Ready to travel in 2022, but not sure about what’s new and where to start? There is nothing like a rock-solid plan when it comes to travel.
That’s why I want to share the top travel hacks and travel tips 2022 to make things convenient for you.
Book your trip at the correct time
- If you book your trip during the optimal window, you could save a considerable amount, mainly on airfares.
- Domestic flight prices usually spike 35 days before departure, while prices for international flights start to increase 28 days before.
- The best time to book an internal trip is between 28 and 49 days in advance, and purchase tickets for international flights at least three to four months in advance to obtain the lowest prices.
- Book your flight on off-peak days of the week. For example, the best day to purchase air tickets is Sunday, with savings of 15% on domestic flights and 10% on international flights.
Travel on specific days and times
- Experts say that flying costs are significantly less on some days than others; thus, it is best to skip travelling on Fridays and Sundays.
- However, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays are the most affordable days for air travel.
- For specific departure and arrival times, taking off early in the morning or landing late at night generally results in cheaper prices.
PRO Tip :
Be flexible and consider travelling during off-peak periods. If you decide to travel in January, it is almost 30% cheaper than December for international flights and 15% cheaper for domestic trips.
Book accommodation wisely
- You could save a lot of money by being smart when booking accommodations. The lowest average daily rate for hotel bookings tends to happen on a Tuesday, where you could save as much as 10%.
- Do plenty of research about your accommodations before booking your trip. Once you select your hotel and make sure to check the reviews as well.
- You can stretch your cash further by booking a lower star-rated hotel for your trip. You might be able to save up to 45% on average by opting for a lower-star hotel.
Be flexible when making a booking
- International holidays are a choice now; however, there can be travel restrictions still in place. So, you should look for a holiday where you’ll have zero hassle if the need occurs to change dates or cancel for a refund or voucher without charge.
- It’s vital to check the rules and regulations on your travel destination and check the entry requirements for the destination you wish to visit.
- Look for flexible bookings that allow you to cancel or change your mind or the date easily.
NOTE: If you’ve booked a flight and it has been cancelled due to the pandemic, many airlines offer flexibility if you choose to change your flight or dates of travel.
- Opt for package holidays for added protection, and you can make a refund or change the dates if you can’t go because your destination has closed its borders.
- Check for the hotel’s cancellation policy when booking a hotel, as many offer free cancellation, usually 24-48 hours before arrival.
PRO Tip :
Always check the Foreign Office country advice before making any travel plans.
Get travel insurance
- Get travel insurance as soon as you book your holiday or else; you won’t be covered for cancellation or any hindrance to your holiday.
- If you travel to different destinations multiple times a year, annual policies are generally cheaper.
Use the downloaded NHS app to your device to show their vaccination status
- You can download and register the NHS app on your Android and iPhone to show your vaccination status when travelling internationally.
NOTE: If you don’t have a smartphone, call the NHS helpline on 119 and request a letter at least five days after you’ve been fully vaccinated, as the letter may take up to five days to arrive by mail.
Check if your passport’s up to date
- Remember to check your passport’s validity before you book your holiday to avoid being denied boarding. Many countries only accept passports that are valid for at least six months from the date of arrival.
- Renewals of passports can take up to 10 weeks, so make sure to renew them in advance to save the hassle.
To get more details on the travel requirements and updates, go to Gov.uk
NOTE: If you are visiting the EU, you’ll need at least six months left on your passport until expiry and less than 10 years old on the day you travel, which can vary based on the destination.
Use a familiar travel agent to gain cheaper rates
- The UK has a plethora of ethnic travel agencies, and using an agent such as Travel Center UK can be a great advantage when it comes to booking a holiday for cheap.
Research local travel before you go
- If you plan to explore your holiday destination, find out about local tourist attractions and transport methods before you go.
- Search on Google or TripAdvisor for reviews of holiday attractions, activities, nightlife, and shopping for ideas. (Travel guidebooks can also offer valuable local knowledge)
There you have it! Some of our top travel hacks and travel tips 2022 that can help you on your next trip.
2021/2022 Travel trends you need to know about
It’s safe to say that the pandemic prevented us from travelling as much as we would like to. We are now more than ready to explore since there is a boom in travel on the horizon.
There is excitement rolling up as travellers prepare to make up for the lost time. However, recent studies show a profound change in how future holidays are shaping.
- Multi-generational travel
- Group travel
- Wellness retreats
- Nostalgic travel
- Off-the-beaten-track travel
If you are planning to get out there once again, this guide of our top travel hacks and travel tips 2022 will surely help you out! If you need more information, please give us a call or drop us a line, and our travel experts at Travel Center will be glad to assist you.