Mexico City is the capital of Mexico and the seat of federal powers of the union. It is the largest city in Mexico, as well as its most important political, cultural, educational and financial center. It is considered one of the most important financial centers in the Americas. Its massive population, estimated at 21.2 million, makes it the largest metropolitan area in the western hemisphere as well as the largest Spanish-speaking city in the world. Mexico City is the oldest capital city in the Americas and is one of two founded by Native Americans. Although very little of the original city remains today, its Spanish influence is still visible in the city’s historic areas.
Here are some of the top places to visit in Mexico City
- Zócalo: The Birthplace of the Constitution
- The National Museum of Anthropology
- Templo Mayor and the Great Pyramid of Tenochtitlán
- The Palace of Fine Arts
- Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral
- The National Palace
- Chapultepec Park
- Paseo de la Reforma and the Angel of Independence
- National History Museum
- Coyoacán & the Frida Kahlo Museum
Things to do in Mexico City
- Recovery Brunch at the world’s favorite bar: Fifty Mils
- Take a tour to Mexico City’s oldest downtown neighborhoods with coffee, pizza and wine
- Medieval style dinner and magic show
- Visit the Frida Kahlo Museum
- Eat Churros in El Moro
- Marvel At The Soumaya Museum (and see Carlos Slim’s private art collection inside!)
- Take A Relaxing Boat Ride on Chapultepec Lake On A Nice Day!
- Try Some of the Best Margaritas Of Your Life In Mexico City!
- Spot Some of the Colourful and Innovative Street Art in La Roma!
- Shop Till You Drop In The Uber Swanky Polanco Neighbourhood
Book cheap flights to Mexico City by calling Travel Center UK today! Our team of experienced travel experts is equipped to give you the best deals on cheap flights to Mexico City. The city of Mexico City is served by the Mexico City International Airport and we have teamed up with world-class airlines to ensure that you travel in safety and comfort to this exciting destination in Mexico. Contact us today and ask us about cheap flights to Mexico City, and whether you are on business or on holiday to Mexico City, we have flights that match your needs. Book cheap flights to Mexico City over the phone and get personalized service. You will also get specialized services such as finding the cheapest rates owning to price fluctuations and advice on the best time for the booking.