Swiss Air, flying out of Basel, has a long history of stability and iconic greatness that transcends to this day. It operates a fleet of 76 aircraft and flies to Asia, Africa, Europe, and North America. The airline has a fleet of 69, with 7 in orders. Additionally, it has code share agreements with Adria Airways, Air Canada, Air France, Air Malta, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines, TAP Portugal, South African Airways, TAM Airlines, LOT Polish Airways, Brussels Airlines, and United Airlines. The airline is a subsidiary of Lufthansa, and is the flag carrier of Switzerland. The airline embodies the traditional Swiss values of “personal service”, “in-depth quality” and “typical Swiss hospitality”, and strives to create an environment of quality comfort for each passenger. They have made everything easy for their customers with everything available online, even extending to super-fast group bookings. Enjoy some great food, which includes but is not limited to Swiss cheese and Swiss chocolate. The latter is served to all on board at the end of the flight, and is a great favorite.
- Value for money is paramount when flying and Swiss Air knows this. The Economy Class offers great value for the money, and adjustable headrests, swivel ears, and ergonomic seat cushions make for optimal comfort on intercontinental flights. In their own words, the airline also takes pride in excellent service, a soft spot for children, and a technically advanced fleet. On all economy class flights in Europe, Swiss Air offers drink services. Depending on the time and duration of the flight, the airline may also offer snack services. On shorter flights, cold snacks are offered, while on longer flights, it offers hot snacks. The Europe economy class services include sandwiches from a Swiss bakery. In addition, delectable Swiss chocolates are provided towards the end of every Swiss flight to all passengers. There are two varieties of the cabin, Economy Intercontinental and Economy Europe according to where the aircraft flies. Lumbar support and flexible wings, tasty, simplistic cuisine, attention to detail, and the genuine Swiss cheese will make this the ideal airline.
- Swiss Air features fully flat beds with adjustable air cushions that allow you to select the level of softness or firmness you would like. The seats also give extra personal space so that you can lounge, whether you are relaxing or working. Apart from this premium level of comfort, there are a number of brilliant features you will love. The fully flat bed in the Business Class is 6 feet and comes with a massage function. There is more personal space for work or rest. In-flight entertainment is viewable on a large personal screen and the cabin has a lightweight design for a lower CO2 consumption. The fully lie-flat bed with innovative air cushion technology is now available on all flights from Boston, New York’s JFK, Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, and Miami. Additionally, the new angled seating configuration of 1-2-1/2-2-1 grants better access to your own seat while also allowing easier access to the aisle and restroom. Electronic connectors, USB port and iPod connector are also available.
- Feel like the aircraft is your home and enjoy greater privacy, comfort, and luxury, when you fly with Swiss Air. Added to great service is the beautifully prepared and served delectable food. Partitions that face the aisles and that are between seats give you greater privacy. The noise cancelling headphones will eliminate the noises of the aircraft. Lie back, cozy up with the pillows and duvet, and go off to sleep. Large fold-out table gives you more room to enjoy your meals without the usual bumping of hand on the confines of the seat. Working is also more convenient, given the look and feel of the cabin, as well as the large table. The service begins even before you enter the aircraft. It begins at the airport. Drive up to the First Class check-in Lounge, and leave the care of your car to the staff. Your luggage too will be managed by them. While that is happening, you can calmly sip a glass of champagne or proceed to the aircraft.
- One of the best things about flying on Swiss Airlines is that you will be getting the tastiest of meals and desserts, which will include the ever famous Swiss chocolates. Swiss chocolates are provided towards the end of every Swiss flight to all passengers. However, it does not stop there. Meals are well-balanced, natural and healthy cuisine. Whether long-haul or European flights, Swiss Airlines focuses on attention to detail. The airline provides special meals on request as well as a variety of special menus to suit every palette. In the month of November 2013, guests in First and Business classes will receive succulent and delectable creations from the Beau-Rivage hotel. If you are a vegetarian, you will be savouring food from Hiltl, across the classes. Visit the website for information on the available entertainment, which ranges from movies, TV programmes and music, to games, children’s programmes, and the iPod plug feature (only in First and Business classes) on the aircraft. You can also make personal international calls from your seat.
- Swiss Air serves 76 destinations in 40 countries all over the world from its Zurich hub and the further Swiss international airports of Basel and Geneva. The airline flies to many wonderful destinations including Jeddah, Algiers, Egypt, and Morocco in the Middle East and Africa. It also flies to many cities in Europe, with Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Spain, the Czech Republic, and Sweden some of the more popular country destinations. The cities in Europe include Kiev, Lugano, Stockholm, Nuremberg, Hanover, Moscow, Belgrade, Lyon, Paris, Milan, Florence, Rome, and Berlin. In Africa, it flies to Cairo, Johannesburg, Dar es Salaam, Nairobi, but also has codeshare agreements with other airlines to fly to Agadir, Mombasa, Douala, Durban and Marrakech. In the Middle East, the airline flies to Tel Aviv in Israel, and Muscat in Oman, while it has code share agreements to fly to Doha, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Teheran, and Bahrain. In the Far East, Swiss Air flies to Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Bangkok, and Shanghai. Code share agreements exist for Male and Phuket. Cypress is another of the airline’s destinations, along with the United Kingdom, and many destinations in the United States of America.
Swiss Air – Awards and Recognition
- Best First Class Airline Lounge
- Best Western European Airline
- Best Transatlantic Airline
- Airline Business Technology Award
Book your Swiss Air flight today with Travel Center and get great deals, amazing discounts, wonderful service, and some out-of-this-world food. You will enjoy flying with the international standard airline, so book your ticket today and get some good seasonal deals too.