Santo Domingo, officially “Santo Domingo de Guzman” is the capital and largest city in the Dominican Republic, and the most populous city in the Caribbean region. Founded in 1496, Santo Domingo is the oldest continuously inhabited European settlement in the Americas and was the first seat of the Spanish colonial rule in the New World. It is also the site of the first university, cathedral, castle, monastery, and fortress in the New World. Santo Domingo is the cultural, financial, political, commercial and industrial center of the Dominican Republic. Many of Santo Domingo’s notable landmarks are located within what is known as the Zona Colonial district of the city, a World Heritage Site.
Here are some of the top places to visit in Santo Domingo.
- Parque Colón (Columbus Park)
- Catedral Primada de América (First Cathedral in the Americas)
- Museo de las Casas Reales (Museum of the Royal Houses)
- Panteón Nacional (National Pantheon of the Dominican Republic)
- Plaza España
- Chu Chu Colonial Sightseeing Trolley
- Monasterio de San Francisco
- Choco Museum Santo Domingo
- Calle El Conde
- Parque Independencia
Things to do in Santo Domingo.
- Wander Around the Zona Colonial
- Visit the New World’s First Cathedral
- Escape the City for Boca Chica
- Hit the Columbus Lighthouse
- Walk Over History on Calle de Las Damas
- Cruise the Malecón
- Go Back in Time at the Fortaleza Ozama
- Bite into La Bandera
- Check Out the Quinta Dominica Gallery
- Visit the Choco Museum Santo Domingo
Book cheap flights to Santo Domingo by calling Travel Center UK today! Our team of experienced travel experts is equipped to give you the best deals on cheap flights to Santo Domingo. The city of Santo Domingo is served by the Las Américas International Airport and we have teamed up with world-class airlines to ensure that you travel in safety and comfort to this exciting destination in The Dominican Republic. Contact us today and ask us about cheap flights to Santo Domingo, and whether you are on business or on holiday to Santo Domingo, we have flights that match your needs. Book cheap flights to Santo Domingo over the phone and get personalized service. You will also get specialized services such as finding the cheapest rates owning to price fluctuations and advice on the best time for the booking.