Is it just me, or is the world lapping around faster than it should? I can’t believe the year is almost nearing the end. It would be a fantastic notion if you could end the year with an amazing holiday with never-ending memories. How awesome does that sound? Let’s remedy that, shall we? To find out the best holidays in December, keep reading and see the choicest places to visit in December.
The top places to visit in December without quarantining
I know what you’re thinking; you’re wondering about the current situation that’s going on. How soon will travelling be normalised and are there places safe enough to travel? Well, with hopes that everything will fall back in place and the world would be within our reach, it’s always good to have something to look forward to. After all, nothing can stop you from dreaming up new adventures! So, to ignite your travel dreams, we have hand-picked some of the best places to visit in December. No matter where you want to spend your December holidays, we have the best holidays in December in store for you.
- Thailand, a stunning destination and has always been a crowd-pleaser. This is undoubtedly one of the best places for your December holidays. Likewise, the days here are bright with sunshine, and rains are nowhere to be found! It’s a good thing, though, in Thailand is a place where you and your family can enjoy a relaxing day by the beach or go on an exciting island-hopping tour in Thailand. So, why don’t you trade your winter coats for a swimsuit, and summer hat and enjoy a tropical holiday!
- Yes! the Bahamas, one of my personal favourites, it’s all about sun, sea, and sand. The Bahamas has fantastic weather during December as it is high season. Because of this reason, it is an excellent place for a winter getaway, making it perfect for the December holidays in the sun! The best part is, you can party in paradise, swim in turquoise waters, or indulge in many other activities. Sound amazing, right? The Bahamas is one of the best places to visit in December as it’s filled with adventures that you should not miss!
- Turkey, a melting pot of eastern and western influences and an impressive destination. Spending your December holidays in Turkey is a fantastic idea. Especially with many places to see, plenty of things to do and its wonderful weather. Turkey offers everything, including pristine sandy beaches, azure-blue seas along the Aegean coastline. Not forgetting, best shopping experiences, a vivid nightlife, and options for great accommodation. The diversity of the country attracts many travellers to enjoy these highlights. All these reasons make it one of the best places to visit in December.
- Iceland doesn’t need a special introduction, as it is a dreamy spot to enjoy a unique holiday, and it is a heaven for those who love winter vibes. The glowing skies, blue lagoons, the captivating beauty of volcanoes, mountains, ice fields, and the Golden circle, need I say more? All these add a magical twist to your winter holiday. As a matter of fact, this is one of the most marvellous places to visit in December. I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t consider visiting Iceland during this time of the year.
- Cuba, considered one of the most beautiful places on the planet. It possesses calm, luscious natural jungles, some of the postcard-worthy beaches, and warm, pleasant weather. Not only the stunning nature but also an opulent culture and history, and pastel-coloured, colonial-style architecture. A living, breathing country with Salsa music played throughout the day and vibrant nightlife where everyone enjoys. So, if you want to have brilliant holidays in December, Cuba is the place to be!
- Here’s how you can enjoy the perfect winter holiday! You and your kids will be in for a treat as Lapland is one of the best places to visit in December. After all, this is the homeland of Father Christmas itself! You can engage in several winter activities that’ll be full of fun! If that’s not enough, you can take in the beauty of frost-covered trees, festive lighting, and much more! Any other winter wonderlands don’t get better than in Lapland.
** Please note that all destinations and travel restrictions can vary due to the ongoing global pandemic situation. Therefore, seek advice from the FCDO before planning or travelling.
There’s no better time to spend the Christmas holidays than the Christmas markets that provide the perfect opportunity to savour the festive spirit. Many travellers choose to make a trip to these traditional markets dotted around Europe. Here are top places to visit in December in Europe for the best Christmas markets.
- Budapest – Hungary
- Vienna – Austria
- Gdansk – Poland
- Brussels – Belgium
- Berlin – Germany
- Basel – Switzerland
- Prague – Czech Republic
- Cologne – Germany
- Bratislava – Slovakia
- Florence – Italy
- Krakow – Poland
- Copenhagen – Denmark
You’re ready for a holiday, but don’t know where to go? Why not try out these most amazing places to visit in December, and make the end of the year memorable with a wonderful holiday? All you have to do is drop us an email or text, and Travel Center UK will help you make your December Holiday happen!