Minneapolis is a city in the state of Minnesota in the United States. It is also the capital and largest city of the state. One of the distinguishing features of the city is its abundance of water, with twenty lakes and wetlands, the Mississippi River, creeks, and waterfalls available in the area. Minneapolis is categorized as a global city as it is an integral link of the global economy. The name Minneapolis is made up of words from two languages – Dakota Sioux and Greek ¬– to mean “Water City”. Minneapolis is home to a number of cultural organisations that draw creative people and audiences to the city for theatrical and musical performances and visual arts.
Here are some of the top places to visit in Minneapolis
- Minnehaha Regional Park
- Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Guthrie Theater
- Weisman Art Museum
- Children’s Theatre Company
- Mill City Museum
- American Swedish Institute
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
- Walker Art Center
Things to do in Minneapolis
- Overlook the frozen St. Anthony Falls from the Guthrie’s Endless Bridge that jets over the Mississippi.
- Run, walk, bike or people watch along the Chain of Lakes.
- Gaze up at Minnehaha Park’s 53-foot waterfall, beautiful when iced over or flowing.
- Warm your taste buds with delicious and authentic pho, a Vietnamese soup, from Pho 79.
- Indulge in the Parlour burger and then dream about it for weeks after.
- Visit the club that made Prince famous: First Avenue – make sure to take a picture with his gold star.
- View the Mary Tyler Moore statue on Nicollet & 7th.
- Watch a touring Broadway show at the historic State or Orpheum Theatre.
- Visit the oldest Basilica in the country – the Basilica of St. Mary.
- Cheer for the Loons at a Minnesota United FC soccer game.
Book cheap flights to Minneapolis by calling Travel Center UK today! Our team of experienced travel experts is equipped to give you the best deals on cheap flights to Minneapolis. The city of Minneapolis is served by the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport and we have teamed up with world-class airlines to ensure that you travel in safety and comfort to this exciting destination in the state of Minnesota, The United States. Contact us today and ask us about cheap flights to Minneapolis, and whether you are on business or on holiday to Minneapolis, we have flights that match your needs. Book cheap flights to Minneapolis over the phone and get personalised service. You will also get specialised services such as finding the cheapest rates owning to price fluctuations and advice on the best time for booking.