Ethiopia’s flag carrier Ethiopian Airlines, better known as Ethiopian, is a vibrant and growing airline located in Addis Ababa. Famed for its efficiency and operational success, proven by being one of the few airlines in Africa to earn profit, Ethiopian is a progressive airline, even offering a mobile app for passengers to manage their bookings. The airlines offers its customers the best in service, technology, and meals, and has won many awards for its performance throughout the years. It has been a member of Star Alliance since 2011, and has recorded an average growth of 25% a year for the past 7 years. Cloud Nine, the Business Class of the airline is a treat for business class travellers, offering both comfort and entertainment, coupled with amazingly delectable food that is inspired by the rich history and traditions of Ethiopia. Inflight entertainment covers worldwide music, Ethiopian and world folk music, current chart toppers, and every genre one could wish to hear. Movies and documentaries are available for both classes, and are also drawn from a cross section of the world.
- Ethiopian’s Economy Class is a beautiful and spacious cabin, with personal video on demand installed on every seat on most flights, and overhead monitors on the remaining aircraft. Seats on Economy class have a pitch of at least 30” and at most 34”. Seats are comfortable and cozy, and in the in-flight entertainment, passenger have the option of selecting from over 30 movies, TV programs, or music options. Music can be heard on 12 audio channels. Ethiopian also offers a wide range of amenities to its customers. Some of these amenities are games, puzzles, and books (both colouring books and story books) for the children on board, and necessities such as socks, tooth brushes, and tooth paste for the adult passengers on the long-distance flights to America and China. Meals on board comprise of snacks, complete meals, and a wide selection of alcoholic beverages including fine wine. Economy Class passengers can also enjoy personalized and attentive service. On-demand entertainment is available on personal 8.9” screens that show over 80 channels.
- Cloud Nine, Ethiopian’s Business Class, integrates the excellent service expected by the discerning First and Business Class travellers with extra space, flair, luxury, and service. It is inspired by the idea that traveling should give the traveler a feeling of bliss or ecstasy. Cloud Nine travellers have a dedicated lounge at the Bole International Airport to help make departures easier on the traveller. The Lounge offers amenities, personal computers, and wireless connection to its patrons. It is staffed by Customer Service agents to help you with your every question regarding flights. Business Class passengers receive many benefits when flying Ethiopian: a variety of amenities, magazines, and newspapers are provided. Amenities include tooth brushes complete with covers, toothpaste, lip balm, moisturizers, ear plugs, eye shades, socks, shaving kits, and perfumes for adults, and puzzles, colouring books, and story books for children. Passengers can select from prestigious and world renowned magazines such as Newsweek, Times, The Economist, L’Expree, and Der Spiegel or newspapers such as The Herald Tribune and the Financial Times.
- Passengers on Cloud Nine have audio video on demand with 85 channels, on IFE screens of 15.4 inches. You can choose from recent comedy, action, drama, and suspense movies, as well as from over 30 movies that focus on Ethiopia’s people, history, and the landscape. In Economy Class, passengers can enjoy on demand video with 80 channels on 8.9” screens. There is no dearth of the entertainment on offer on Ethiopian’s aircraft. Music on board Ethiopian’s flights are drawn from a wide variety of genres, such as pop, dance, hip hop, techno, rock, and recent and current world favorites. Additionally, passengers can choose from Ethiopian traditional and modern music, as well as oldies of the 60s, 70s, and 80s. For those who wish for mind soothing music, jazz, instrumental, and folk music are also available. It is guaranteed that Ethiopian Airlines can meet any taste and requirement of the traveler, with its amazing range of music. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the pleasures of music from all over the world.
- Ethiopian flies to 70 destinations, of which 17 are domestic flights. Ethiopian provides the most number of flights to Africa, landing at popular African destinations such as Abidjan, Abuja, Accra, Addis Ababa, Kilimanjaro, and the Seychelles. Book your next flight to Africa on Ethiopian to enjoy easy access to some amazing African destinations, and to enjoy the local cuisine and culture. Ethiopian also flies to international destinations that are more popular with travellers, such as Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Milan, Paris, Rome, and Stockholm in Europe, and Toronto and Washington in Canada and the USA. In the more eastern section of the world, the airline flies to exotic Delhi and Beirut, as well as Bahrain, Beijing, Dubai, Dammam, Hong Kong, Jeddah, and Kuala Lampur, easily connecting many commercial and cultural capitals across the world. Along with its own network of routes, Ethiopian Airlines also has code share arrangements with some of the major airlines of the world. Air India, Air China, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Saudi Arabian Airways, South African Airways, and Scandinavian Airlines are all partners in code share agreements with Ethiopian, thus opening up a whole new world for Ethiopian’s passengers, offering more options for a travel destination.
Ethiopian – Awards and Recognition
- International Diamond Prize for Excellence in Quality
- African Airline of the Year 2012
- Transformation Award 2012
- Airline Reliability Performance Award
- Airline of the Year for 2010
- Bombardier’s Airline Reliability Performance Award
- Deal of the Year 2010 Award
- The African Cargo Airline of the Year
Book your next flight to a destination of your choice with Travel Center, and fly with Ethiopian Airlines for great prices, unbelievable discounts, and amazing service. Ethiopian Airlines is a wonderful way to see the world, in comfort and in style.