Budapest is the largest city and the capital of Hungary. It is the main political, cultural, commercial, industrial, and transportation center of the country, and is sometimes described as the primate city of Hungary. Budapest has a long and colorful history, as it has changed rulers quite often throughout the past one-and-a-half millennia. Many battles and revolutions have taken place in the city owing to its strategic location. Often named one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, Budapest’s attractions include the banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter, Andrássy Avenue, Heroes’ Square and the Millennium Underground Railway, the second-oldest metro line in the world. It has approximately 80 geothermal springs, second largest synagogue, and third largest Parliament building.
Here are some of the top places to visit in Budapest
- Spectacular Castle Hill
- Exploring Gellért Hill
- The Museum of Fine Arts
- The Hungarian National Museum
- Parliament Buildings and Crown Jewels
- The Danube Promenade
- Heroes’ Square and the Millennium Monument
- City Woodland Park – Városliget
- Budapest’s Busiest Boulevard – Andrássy út
- Magnificent Margaret Island
Things to do in Budapest
- Discover historic Castle Hill with a walking tour.
- Take a Danube cruise for beautiful panoramic views of Buda and Pest.
- Enjoy a performance at the world famous Budapest Opera House.
- Shop with locals or try some traditional Hungarian food at Central Market Hall.
- Take a dip and relax in one of Budapest’s famous baths.
- Walk across Chain Bridge, the first bridge to connect Buda and Pest.
- Visit Hungary’s Parliament Building, see the amazing architecture and the Hungarian Crown Jewels.
- Take a stroll on Andrássy Avenue to Heroes’ Square and you’ll understand why Budapest is often called the Paris of the East.
- Try an authentic Hungarian dish paired with vintage Hungarian wine. Best enjoyed at one these award-winning Budapest restaurants.
- Window shop and people watch on Váci utca (grab a coffee but look elsewhere for restaurants).
Book cheap flights to Budapest by calling Travel Center UK today! Our team of experienced travel experts is equipped to give you the best deals on cheap flights to Budapest. The city of Budapest is served by the Budapest Ferihegy International Airport and we have teamed up with world-class airlines to ensure that you travel in safety and comfort to this exciting destination in Hungary. Contact us today and ask us about cheap flights to Budapest, and whether you are on business or on holiday to Budapest, we have flights that match your needs. Book cheap flights to Budapest over the phone and get personalized service. You will also get specialized services such as finding the cheapest rates owning to price fluctuations and advice on the best time for the booking.